Help protect our Immigrant and Refugee Neighbors – Support the Safe Communities Act at Hearing on Fri., Jan. 24 at the State House.
Please join Arlington Fights Racism , Arlington MA Diversity Task Group, and The Arlington Teosinte Sister City Project in supporting the Massachusetts Safe Communities Coalition to support The Safe Communities Act at the hearing at the Massachusetts State House.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 24, 2020
WE WILL BE MEETING AT 8:30AM AT ALEWIFE STATION TO TRAVEL TOGETHER TO THE RALLY AND HEARING AT THE STATE HOUSE IN BOSTON
- 9 am, Rally on Massachusetts State House steps
- 10 am, Hearing in the Gardner Auditorium
The Safe Communities Coalition is holding a media event at 9 am and then organizing shifts to keep the Gardner Auditorium packed all day. Anyone who wishes to testify may do so; the hearing will go on as long as it takes for all to speak. Even if you don’t testify, you can make an impact with your presence.
This will be the largest mobilization of the Human Rights and Social Justice community in Massachusetts to date in support of this vital legislation to protect the safety and security of the Immigrant, Refugee and Asylum-seeking community.
Get involved on January 24th:
1. Join other members of Arlington Fights Racism at these events. A group of us will leave together at 8:30AM from Alewife.
2. Rally with the Safe Communities Coalition at 9:00 am on the steps of the Massachusetts State House.
3. Attend the hearing for a two-hour shift. Sign up for your shift here.
If you can’t join us, submit a written testimony.
If you would like your testimony read by an Arlington Fights Racism member, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org